Friday, December 14, 2007

Antique Christmas Postcards



I put these together a few years ago, and I absolutely LOVED how they turned out! The frames were from a dollar store, and they were just perfect for framing some of my favorite antique Christmas postcards from my collection. So easy, now, to display them along with my other vintage decorations.


For cheap little frames, they look awfully pretty with the lovely vintage images inside, don't you think? I wish I had bought every one of those frames they had! Were I somehow coerced into choosing a favorite, it might have to be this last one, shown below. This card was found more recently - and I couldn't believe it when I saw it - I mean, it has my FAVORITE - PINK ROSES! And silver, and Christmas! I thought it was one of the most beautiful vintage postcards I had ever seen in my whole life. I love it.


2 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Your favorite is my favorite. It's beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Heidi, I emailed you a story about a vintage Christmas postcard--I thought it would be interesting you you, since its (A) about Christmas and (2) has to to with the US Postal Service!

I wanted to attach a picture of it, but alas, I am not techno savy enough.