Thursday, December 27, 2007

"It Came Just The Same"

Well, there was no Grinch around here to stop Christmas from coming. We had a lovely Christmas at my nephew's house, and I hope you all did, too. I wanted to just take some of the words from the Grinch story to accompany my pictures.
"It came without ribbons."


"It came without tags!"

"It came without packages,

boxes, or bags!"

So, yes, it would have come just the same even without all the trappings and wrappings. But I do enjoy making gifts look beautiful, and it helps to surround myself while wrapping with all of my ribbons, tags and papers! I'm glad that for years I saved all of my Hallmark dispensers that the curling ribbon came in - because I don't believe they make them anymore ("Why Santa, why?"), and now I've filled my ribbon box with them. Yes - I could buy a Martha Stewart dispenser at Michael's- but I already have some that work just fine! And I keep my extra rolls and colors on the paper towel holders nearby in case I need replacements.. I found the little rack my tags are on somewhere- can't even remember! But it sure is handy. And I always love the Martha Stewart gift wrap from K-Mart. That's what most of them are that you see in the photo below.

And of course, I also love to use vintage papers when I can find them - but I have to use some of those sparingly. So this whole mess has been put away down in the basement waiting 'til next year. I just hope I manage to start earlier next year!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Heidi is the champion "wrapper" of the family, and as we sat around the table with our stacks of presents, ready to get down to ripping into the goods, we took time to enjoy the delightful papers, ribbons, bows and tags decorating our gifts. Thank you for your efforts, and sorry we had to destroy them! Love T