Friday, December 7, 2007

Mother Made Them For Her Girls





So, here is my Christmas stocking. Mother made them for each of her three girls in the early 1960's. The beginning of my felt, sequins and beads obsession. I always have, and always will, treasure it dearly.



And she also made these adorable shadow boxes for us - I'm not sure what year. This always has a place of honor in my home at Christmas, as well. We don't have a whole lot of things that were made especially for us by her own hand, so they are very special, indeed.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Lori and I are here together and you should have heard the oohs and aahs when we saw the stocking and shadow box! Sad to say, mice ate your sister Tina's stocking years ago, but she still has her shadow box. Lori is planning on "going up on the hill" tomorrow and she is going to retrieve her two precious items Mother made. Love Tina and Lori

Vintage Hunter said...

What great treasures! Very fun. I'm in the middle of making stockings for my kids. I hope someday they will cherish them as much as you do yours.