Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Fabulous Fred Astaire


My title really says it all. Simply put, he was FABULOUS. LOVED him. I'm not sure how else to try and explain my complete infatuation other than to show you that when I REALLY like someone - I get, well, um, maybe just a WEE bit obsessed. Books - gotta have books about/by them! So, here I'm showing you my Fred Astaire books. Surprisingly, this collection started well before Ebay. I still managed to acquire quite a few. His autobiography, above, was published in 1959. Below, others in chronological order:
The Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers Book by Arlene Croce 1972

Starring Fred Astaire (501 pages!) by Stanley Green and Burt Goldblatt 1977

Fred Astaire Storyline by Benny Green 1979

Astaire The Man,The Dancer by Bob Thomas 1984

Fred Astaire His Friends Talk by Sarah Giles 1988

I have similar obsessions with books by or about Walt Disney, Bob Hope, Bing Crosby, Norman Rockwell, Art Linkletter, Tasha Tudor, etc. - so Fred is in good company. If you twist my arm, maybe some day I will blog about those. I mentioned in a previous post that books threaten to take over our house. I wasn't kidding.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I have it under good authority that Gene Kelly is now very jealous. He thought you loved him most. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE THEM BOTH!! Please forgive me, Gene!