Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Frances Hodgson Burnett



Frances Hodgson Burnett is one of my favorite, and, in my opinion, one of the greatest, authors of all time. For me, she's right up there with Lucy Maud Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Jane Austen.




Like many women, my first introduction to her work was through perhaps her two best known works The Secret Garden and A Little Princess. I love the editions with Tasha Tudor's illustrations, as I have mentioned before. She also wrote Little Lord Fauntleroy and Racketty Packetty House and MANY other lesser known titles (some of which I have shown in my pictures here today). Over the years, I have managed to gather a wonderful collection of her books, many editions are 100 years old or more. They have a special place on my bookshelves, and in my heart.

2 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Your collections know no bounds! Those look lovely and if her stories are all as sweet as the ones I remember it must be great reading!

Tina Dawn said...

Ah, bitterbetty, Heidi has barely touched the edges of her many collections! I just love the covers of these old novels, even if we never opened them they add much to our enjoyment of life! Love T