Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Red-Roofed Cottages

I do love a little red-roofed cottage! Whether it's on something like this adorable vintage French postcard I found at an antique shop a couple of weeks ago ( how cute is that little Gentleman Caller Chick in his top hat?):

Or a wonderful Mary Engelbreit cottage like the one on this plate (how much would you love to drive up a country lane on your way home to this place?). Notice the similarities in the flowers and the trees to the postcard above?

Or a lovely house like the one this little girl lives in, courtesy of a fabulous vintage calendar top:

Or even atop a great vintage brandy bottle like this one I found on ebay (how about that great exposed brick detailing?):

I love 'em all.

2 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I want a red tin roof on our cabin/cottage but we have a sweet little curve on the front... and tin doesn't do that I guess.

Tina Dawn said...

That postcard is just the cutest, and the similarities to ME are amazing! Thanks for sharing. Love T