Monday, March 31, 2008

Roses Are Red.....


The framed vintage postcard of a single red rose, above, is one of my favorites. I have more postcards with pink roses than red, but they're all beautiful!
This page, below, is from the cutest children's book I found at a thrift store for 50 cents. The book is falling apart, but it was worth it for the adorable illustrations. The book is My Slippers Are Red by Charlotte Steiner 1957.

The page with Dolly the bunny at the fence is from A Surprise For Mrs. Bunny (1945). I had no idea these were by the same artist until I checked inside the books just now to write it for this post! I chose them because of the red roses.

And this last picture - just one more of my framed vintage postcards from my collection. That's another Dollar Tree frame that was perfect for the lovely red rose.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice post, a good way to say goodbye to the month of March. Love T