Friday, May 16, 2008

The Delightful Doris Day

I simply adore her. I love listening to her beautiful voice.
From "Sentimental Journey", recorded with Les Brown and his Orchestra Nov. 20th, 1944, which I love singing myself, by the way!:
To "Whatever Will Be, Will Be", which I feel like I've known my whole life (Mother must have taught it to us?)
I love her movies, from "Romance On The High Seas", to "With Six You Get Eggroll", from "The Pajama Game" to "Pillow Talk" and everything in between.( And yes, I watched the TV show, too!)
And I especially love her devotion to, and work on behalf of, animals.
She truly is delightful. Miss Day - "I'll Never Stop Loving You" !!

3 comments:

Mama Brook said...

I just adore Doris!
She is to me what Marilyn is to most people :)

Thanks for posting this -
it made my day!

Tina Dawn said...

Great post. My hubby loves her too. I love her almost as much as he does. She is a great person. Going to the Auburn Lake Trails flea market this morning. Love T

Anonymous said...

Yay, Doris!