Thursday, May 29, 2008

I Love Dick Van Dyke

He is another one of my favorites - from WAY back!Few can argue that The Dick Van Dyke Show is among the greatest TV shows EVER. My sister gave me this in my Christmas stocking a couple of years ago:

Don't tell me you are surprised that I also have the book!
And I was delighted to discover this vintage paperback last year at a shop in Oregon:I also watched Diagnosis Murder religiously, and of course I love Mary Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, What A Way To Go, Bye Bye Birdie, Fitzwilly , his appearance on Columbo, the made for TV movie The Morning After ...I could go on and on.
I just think he's great.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Oh I love him too! He is just the cutest, sweetest, darlingist (not a word, I know) man in the world. I loved Diagnosis Murder so much! (His son is cute too!). Love T

Anonymous said...

I agree--this show is still as witty and sophisticated as ever, it really stands the test of time. And don't you think they were the sexiest married couple EVER? I grew up totally wanting to be married like Dick and Laura Petrie. Hmmm . . . not so much. But sometimes Brian trips on stuff around the house . . . and I did lie about my age to Brian when we first met, so there's something!