Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Art Deco Architecture

I love art deco design, and that includes architecture. These first three pictures were taken at Walt Disney World in 1994. The park that was then called Disney-MGM Studios is now Disney's Hollywood Studios. I was enthralled with the look of this theme park!
Check out this gorgeous blue tiled building below:
The picture below it shows a closer view of the window display in the window on the right side.
Love those chrome nymph statuettes!
This is a BBC building in Portland Place, London. (I love the BBC!)
I love the curves in the style above, and the stepped skyscraper type of design as shown below:
And lots of windows, and all of the different deco lettering styles.
I think it's all fabulous.

8 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love architecture and art deco. Are you sure we weren't seperated at birth?! Do you also love Frank Lloyd Wright? I'm a Huge fan. Twyla

Heidi Ann said...

Good morning, Twyla! Of course I love Frank Lloyd Wright. And the beautiful song "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright" sung by Simon and Garfunkel on their "Bridge Over Troubled Water" album can bring tears to my eyes.

Bella Della said...

Art deco is so cool. Love the pictures. Have a fabulous day!

Tina Dawn said...

These buildings reminded me of the "Superman" house on Clay Street in Placerville. I always called it that because it looked like it should be on the TV show. The most art deco building in town. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Yes! Art deco buildings just are just so "Metropolis" looking, aren't they?

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful pictures.
Love
Debbie Moss

(FROM ENGLAND)

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

I love art deco too! The hotel I'm staying at in Nice is art deco, I'll make sure to send you a photo!

The Viewliner Limited said...

Fantastic pictures of some great buildings. If you get a chance please take a look at my post today. You will see some wonderful buildings also. I love your blog. Great stuff and I love Americana as you can see on my blog. Thanks.