Saturday, August 23, 2008

Then And Now #8 - Special K by Kellogg's

A Special K magazine advertisement from the 60's:
And today -I counted seven different varieties of the cereal at my supermarket! I like this one because it's low in calories (100 in a 3/4 cup serving), pretty high in fiber, and has more protein than the other cereals I buy. Add a little fruit and nonfat milk, and you're good to go.
And , of course, these days there are a host of other Special K products as well, including protein bars, cereal bars and protein waters. I'm sticking with the cereal. What do you like?

4 comments:

Miss Jean said...

I was born and raised in Battle Creek, Michigan, home of Kelloggs. My entire family worked there. I always consider myself a Kelloggs Kid. So if there's a choice, it's always Kelloggs cereal for me!

Heidi Ann said...

Miss Jean - how neat! I have a special fondness for Kellogg's, myself, for some reason. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your comment!

Tina Dawn said...

I like the plain Special K, the one you show sounds good, added protein is a great idea. I like to put a banana on it if I have one. I also like 1 percent milk on it. I haven't tried bars or waters. I prefer real food to bars and real water to water a human has messed with. We have a well and our water is wonderful, although it is a bit hard. But we all need minerals too and that's how I get mine! Love T

Heidi Ann said...

I agree - and believe me, I have never tried the protein water and never intend to! It doesn't even sound remotely appealing. We're lucky, we have good water here, too. I don't need or want protein bars, either!