Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Few Finds From The Weekend

My sisters were here for a visit this past weekend, and we went out to a few yard sales and the flea market. I picked up a few photographs from one vendor that I thought were either cute or interesting or both:
These pencil pocket clips may be my favorite find:
A box of Anagrams to use like Scrabble tiles:
I thought this linen tablecloth would look great on my table for fall:
A cute salt and pepper set, a small paperweight, and another pair of Anchor Hocking shakers - or they will be if I can find lids that fit!
Marx Bros. sheet music, another with pretty lilacs, Chinese health balls - I love the sound these make when you roll them around in your hand. And I bought the vintage sprinkles bottle because I like to use old ones - they are cuter than new ones!
We had fun!

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wunnerful, Wunnerful! ;) Love T

Anonymous said...

Great finds. My fav is the anagram game. I have never seen picket clips before...those are cool!

Anonymous said...

I love all of your finds (maybe I can content myself by just looking at other people's stuff instead of buying it myself???). I love those old sprinkler bottles!

Bella Della said...

I am drooling over that tablecloth! Those colors are delish! Perfect for Fall.

The Viewliner Limited said...

The railroad pencil clips are awesome. The top-left photo in the group is from Knotts Berry Farm. It is the very old locomotive in front of the mining supply building. Great stuff. Thank you.

Heidi Ann said...

Thank you, Richard - my husband recognized that photo as being from Knott's Berry Farm, too! I had a feeling he might know, that's one of the reasons I picked that one. He knows a couple of guys who used to work there, too. And I have never seen any of those RR pencil clips before, I was tickled to find them. I wish I had bought all he had!

Thrifty Cents said...

Ooooh! I love looking at your finds! I love those pencil clips too...don't think I've seen any of those in my travels. I would love to come across a box of old photographs to use for art and tags for our store. Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to seeing more of yours!
Carmen

Monica said...

I got those exact salt and pepper shakers sometime this past year!!!!! very cool!