Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lullabies And Cradles

We have another grandson on the way, and I just got to looking at some vintage books and things. This book is from 1944, and has been here in the house since my husband and his older brother were babies. By Roberta Paflin (illustrator)and John F. McKenna. So sweet:
And these next three pages are from another book titled Lullabies From Every Land, published in 1947 and illustrated by Steffie E. Lerch:
Watch out for the kitty there!
Aren't the cradles adorable?

This one is from an antique book our Mother had, Mother Goose - the Volland Popular Edition 1921, with illustrations by Frederick Richardson. His artwork is incredible:
And I had to include this page with artwork by Tasha Tudor, even though it's a poem rather than a lullaby. Such a beautifully illustrated page: Don't those just make you want to sing and rock a baby to sleep?

6 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely old illustrations. I love these. Congratulations on your new grand baby! I am looking forward to that too, but then I would have to cut the apron strings wouldn't I? Twyla

Karen Jo said...

Those apron strings are so hard to cut!

Liz Harrell said...

So sweet!

Tina Dawn said...

I am all ready to start singing "All through the night", my favorite lullaby. Love T

Emily said...

Those are some of the sweetest images!! I just love them!

Anonymous said...

Love the cradles!