Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ross Bagdasarian, Chipmunks Creator

I have enjoyed the (original) Chipmunks for as long as I can remember. I was so tickled to find this article describing how Ross Bagdasarian first created their sound in a 1959 issue of Life Magazine! We loved the Chipmunks Christmas albums - still have them - and the TV show. I'm sorry, but I didn't care for the 80's version of the series. Give me the original Alvin, Simon, Theodore, and Mr. Bagdasarian's voice as David Seville, or nothing. I only wish they were available on DVD.
I found this little Soaky record years ago on Ebay. (Note: I haven't seen the Chipmunks movie, either. I'm sure it's probably funny - maybe I'll watch it some day.)
And I was thrilled when I found this book (I think at an outdoor antiques fair). Do you remember Clyde Crashcup and Leonardo? And fairly recently, I found this album at a yard sale. We never had this one, and I didn't even know about it. I think I may have found a new favorite Chipmunks song in "Tonight You Belong To Me". It is so cute, I just love it - I can listen to it over and over again. That isn't as easy to do when you only have it on a record album! I wish I had a way to say "click here" so you could hear it, but I don't. Some day, I hope to buy one of those Crosley systems that let you transfer recordings on vinyl to a CD. Meanwhile, excuse me while I go set that needle arm back once more.....

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a fun post. Love T

Anonymous said...

LET'S SING IT NOW!!