Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Hans Christian Andersen - The Movie

First of all, let me tell you that I ADORED Danny Kaye. A truly fabulous, talented man - and I really enjoy many of his movies. But this is definitely one of my favorites.
I've loved it since the first time I ever saw it as a child. I love the music, and was so happy to find the soundtrack on CD:
And, as per usual with my movie obsessions, I have collected every single piece of sheet music from the film:
I have mentioned before that this is rather difficult to do.
And I even found the music book with songs from the movie inside:
These last two may be the best, though. After we moved into this house, I was looking through all of the old records and albums that have been here for YEARS. And look what I found! Original Decca records from when my husband was a little boy! So - his mom, and maybe the boys (he doesn't remember), must have liked it too, right?
Two different ones,in excellent condition. With my affection for Mr. Kaye and this particular film, how perfect is that!?
I decided after I found those that my collection was complete. And I feel very lucky.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love the Court Jester! Great post, love the Inchworm song. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Yes - The Court Jester is wonderful, too! With Angela Lansbury and Glynis Johns. And it doesn't get much better than "The vessel with the pestle has the pellet with the poison and the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true" - No! Now "The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon and the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!" LOVE it!

Monica said...

I watched a lot of his movies my mom was a big fan so I saw tons!!!