Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mother Goose

I love children's books, and I just don't think it's possible to have too many different copies of Mother Goose. I mean, who didn't grow up with Mother Goose rhymes? And kids still do today, right ? I sure hope so. Starting off with my very favorite, the beautifully illustrated Tasha Tudor version:
This next one with the colorful cover illustration by Erica Weihs is from my husband's childhood:
Disney's Mother Goose in Little Golden Book form:
And another cute one ; I do love these little Rand McNally Junior Elf Books!
I couldn't resist adding this image of Mother Goose from Walt Disney's Babes In Toyland. This illustration is from the storybook inside the soundtrack LP:
Good old, sweet and dear Mother goose. There's something so comforting about her.

6 comments:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You just can't beat the Tasha Tudor one!!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I have to agree with Karla, the Tasha Tudor one is beautiful. Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Great post, I love Mother Goose too. Don't you just want to snuggle up in her lap and listen to her voice? Which reminds me, our friend Joe who we just visited is starting to volunteer this week at his local library as a children's storyteller. Father Goose, I guess. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I just love that Joe is doing that! I have often thought that I would really enjoy doing the very same thing. They do have a storybook reading hour at our library, too.

Tina Dawn said...

They have one in Georgetown too, but there is already a lady who does it. It's a popular gig. If they ever need someone I am so there! Love T

Anonymous said...

My little Audrey has a Mother Goose book and she loves reciting the rhymes to me. So sweet!