Friday, November 7, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

I absolutely love Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty. I have the Little Golden Books in my collection. This one:
And this one:
I also have the soundtrack LP - I love the cover of this album!
And I found this Big Golden Book recently at a flea market:
I've said before that I just can't afford to update my video collection to DVD's. So, I have the good old VHS version of the film:
I had this original handpainted celluloid drawing of Princess Aurora and Flora that was actually used in the making of the animated film for many years. These were originally sold at The Art Corner at Disneyland. It was given to me by an old boyfriend. I loved it, but it was damaged, and I couldn't afford to have it restored. I had kept it packed away because I didn't consider it displayable in it's warped state. So, I sold it to a collector on ebay - and let's just say that I was EXTREMELY happy with his winning bid. I admit that it was still kind of hard to let it go.
I am seriously considering getting the new DVD. I may just have to make an exception with this one!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the good fairies. Little cute colorful rolly polly grandma-like fairies. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I think you should get it. It's so beautifully animated. Twyla

Emily said...

This post reminded me of the little girl I am a nanny for. Currently, Sleeping Beauty is her favorite movie, only she calles it "Sleeping Judy!" The past 2 months have been spent watching this movie over and over again!

Emily