Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blue & Yellow, Yellow & Blue

Just two pretty colors today. I found this book at a thrift store, and couldn't pass it up. Because the cover was so darned pretty, and because I really would like to try my hand at mosaic one of these days:
This is the front cover of an old vinyl photo album from the 70's. I had to take the pictures out - they were those weird old sleeves that can mess up your pictures, you know? But I'm just not sure what to do with it now. I just like the looks of the cover:
And then, here are two pages out of the cutest book - also from a thrift store - "My Slippers Are Red", by Charlotte Steiner:
Such sweet illustrations:
And then, this is just goofy - but I was preparing this post, and I needed a snack. So I went and scorched some microwave popcorn - then I tried again. Felt like grabbing a bowl to eat it out of - and realized that my snack was blue and yellow, too. (Honestly - I did not plan this ahead of time!) So, like any good blogger, I decided to take a picture of it so I could add it to this post. I'm just silly that way.
My sister had this popcorn when I was at her house. So the next time we went shopping, I got some. It's Jolly Time 100 Calorie Healthy Pop Kettle Corn. One bag is 1 point on Weight Watchers. I like it! When it isn't scorched.

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Nothing is as gross as scorched popcorn. I love that Kettle Corn too. Tastes like more than a point doesn't it? Love T

Dawn Gahan said...

I agree. That photo album cover is too cute. Can you make new pages for it and maybe make it a recipe book?

Dawn

Deanna said...

That is so precious! I love the little girl illustration. So charming. I love the popcorn photo!

Have a wonderful Saturday!
Deanna :)

Heidi Ann said...

Dawn - that's a nice idea - and I thank you for the suggestion. I'm not very good at anything like that, but who knows?

yosemite faith said...

another nice post - and yellow and blue is the color scheme of goodsearch and goodshop. do you use either yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey I was in FFA and their colors were blue and gold(kind of yellow) perhaps their emblem belongs in this post! And long live the Future Farmers of America (and blue and yellow of course!).

Sarah and Jack said...

Love your canisters in the back there. I have been making m y own microwave popcorn in a brown paper bag for so long that I dont even know what the store bought stuff tastes like anymore. LOL