Thursday, March 26, 2009

Found Linen(s)

These were mostly thrift shop finds. First up: this big bolt of fabric. I actually saw it, left it, couldn't stop thinking about it and felt compelled to go BACK for it. I thought it kind of screamed 70's. I don't even know what I'm going to do with it! Here it is spread out on a sofa:
Here is a scan closer up. It says on the selvage: "A British woven Union Linen screen Printed Guaranteed Vat Colors Copyright Gabrielie Cie" - that's all I know about it. Oh and that I liked it, and I wanted it. I wish I knew how to make slipcovers!:

I found this sweet little wall hanging made of linen, too. It says "The Original Calendar Towel by Stevens" on the label - but if someone cut the calendar off of it to make this, it was a pretty long calendar!

The artists name was Tom Morrow - even after I Googled him, I couldn't find many examples of his work. But I was delighted to learn that he created the wonderful original theater poster art for some of my favorite musicals! - assuming it's the same person. I think it must be. Wouldn't this look cute in a baby's room?
I absolutely love this Irish Linen blouse I found with the black embroidery. It fits me perfectly, and the price was perfect, too!
And this set of napkins was found, too - in our linen closet. Pretty oatmeal-colored linen with crocheted trim at the corner and on the edges:
Linen has such a nice feel to it, don't you think?

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

that shirt is fantastic! of course your other linen finds are too.

Tina Dawn said...

I do love the look of linen clothing, but I need that built-in ironing board to deal with the wrinkles it gets. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Wow, great finds! That blouse is gorgeous! Twyla