Monday, June 15, 2009

Thrift Finds - From A Couple Of Weeks Ago

The last weekend in May was a very special one for me. My long weekend began on Thursday, and included time spent with my sisters, and the chance to see and spend time with some VERY dear and beloved old friends! As if that weren't quite enough -we also managed to fit in some thrifting time in our travels. I thought I'd show you some pictures. Found another platter (you aren't surprised, are you?), candle holders, etc:
a nice paint by number scene in an oak frame:
Some books, one of my favorite old deco frames, a 3-tiered jar that I put to work holding game tiles, etc. My sister gave me the tall jar:
A nice cotton sweater from Land's End and a scarf that looks lovely with it! I already had the leaf pin. Can hardly wait 'til autumn, so I can wear it!

A book that I had been hoping to find a copy of, a pair of nice little summery shoes, calico placemats with lovely patchwork detailing on them, little turkey, little bird, pine needles plate, a restaurant china plate - and the glass dome cover was 25c at a yard sale. I never find those any more for less than $3 at thrift shops:
A pair of Vera napkins, two aluminum platters that will go with my tumblers and pitcher, and a nice shoe pin cushion.

I don't think it gets much better than spending time with dear old friends- and then even coming home with some treasures!
It was a WONDERFUL weekend.

5 comments:

yosemite faith said...

great finds - but that glass dome for 25 cents?! you have the knack - but of course we all knew that already.

Lorlore said...

It was a great time with family and friends! I found a few things, also!

yosemite faith said...

heidi - your pkg is in the mail - there is a bonus inside. hope i packed it well enough to get to you intact. enjoy your 'new' items from maurices house (he was 94 when he passed).

Tina Dawn said...

No wonder the trunk was so full! LOL. Love T

Twyla and Lindsey said...

It's so much fun seeing what you find on your treasure hunts! Thanks for showing us! Twyla