Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Then And Now #46 Cannon Towels

Cannon Towels through the years, with the help of some of their magazine advertisements, beginning with this one from 1930:

From 1941:
1953:
Also from the 50's, "Make it a merry terry Christmas with Cannon Towels":
And if you didn't get any for Christmas, don't despair, for they "Are On Sale in January!" (from 1957):
And from 1970, matching towels and bedding in one of my favorite color combos - blue and green:

Sorry, but I'm afraid all I've got for my "Now" is this tag from a bath rug we purchased recently. Cannon towels and rugs are now available at KMart:
Yes, they have been around for a long time. But I was surprised when I found this last ad (from 1955). I had no idea that they also used to make stockings!

Who knew?

2 comments:

yosemite faith said...

the stockings were a surprise for me too. yup - cannon towels are good.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hose used to be such big business. I don't think many women wear hose anymore. Cannon towels are a classic! Twyla