Thursday, October 22, 2009

Then And Now #51 Sunmaid Raisins

Sunmaid Raisins today! I believe this is the brand that we seemed to always have in our cupboard growing up. This advertisement with a recipe for Raisin Pie is from 1945:
I have always liked the pretty lady on the packaging. This ad is from 1974::
From 1981:
I like raisins a lot, but, if I was a child, I still do not think I'd enjoy receiving them in my Trick Or Treat bag. From 2004:
Here's one more advertisement, from just last year:
And the box that is in my cupboard right "Now":
I think those raisins are waiting to go into my Quaker Oatmeal - or maybe oatmeal cookies!

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I just love raisin pie. That is one of my favorite of all the pies that my mom makes. I don't know too many cooks today that make raisin pie. Twyla