Friday, January 8, 2010

Thrift Finds - The Latest

Here are just a few things I have found recently. Maybe my favorite is this glass head form. I have wanted one of these for a long time! And I found it on 50% off day at Salvation Army. Since Penny Lane has no head, this glass gal can model hats for me:
Here is another shot. You can see the Alphonse Mucha print I framed a little better here than in my previous post about it:
I found a few nice pins to add to my collection:
And this is just one piece of clothing - I was happy to find quite a few nice things - this cotton print blouse, for example:

Two more of the pins:
I didn't have this sheet music, so I was tickled to find it, too:
And two Avengers videotapes! Didn't have any of those either:
Yes, Christmas is over, but I wanted to show you the centerpiece I threw together with all thrifted finds- a large etched, mirrored tray, silvery Shiny Brites, red glass balls and red garland. (We already had the crystal compote):
There's more- but these are the only pictures I have today.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Super finds. Love your glass head. Penny will be relieved. Your pins all look in really good shape and colorful, and your cotton blouse is a great print. Need I say I am jealous of your Avenger tapes? Mrs. Peel, we're needed... Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

The artwork for Small World is awesome. Great find. And speaking of artwork, Ms. Rigg ain't bad either :-)

yosemite faith said...

you were meant to find the sheet music! the glass head is a great find as well. you did good heidi - as usual.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

So weird, we shop at the same SA and always see different things. I am having major anxiety over yesterday's purchases. I should not have bought those lamps!! Why didn't you stop me? (just kidding) You were good and I'm proud of you. You didn't need those coats. (but they were very cool!) You just had to mention Salvation Army and now I HAVE TO GO THERE! Hope I don't find anything except under $1.00 items. Have fun with your sisters.

Protector of Vintage said...

Wow, such wonderful treasures and the Christmas centerpiece is beautiful!!