Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's Penny Wearing? #22


Today Penny has on a fabulous vintage skirt. It's cotton, with a wrap-around waist that ties at either side.
It has a gorgeous design on the fabric, and when laid out flat it measures 71 inches in diameter!


I found this advertisement in a magazine; they appear to be something very similar.
Mine has no label, but there is a signature in two places on the skirt - I can't quite make it out.
When I laid it out to measure it, it occurred to me that it could be put to great use as a tablecloth, as well! I have a lazy-susan I could put in the center to camouflage the hole at the waist.
I think I like that idea, since it's really way too big for me to wear. I do love it, though.

4 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i love this skirt. penny lane is always so lucky to have found a home where she can model on the internet.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I was thinking the same thing, that it would make a beautiful tablecloth. It's not a designer's name that I recognize. Have a nice day! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, that skirt is marvelous! The skirts in the add say handpainted, is yours handpainted also? If I ever go to a themed party I might want to borrow it. Love T

Missa said...

Wow! This skirt is incredible! What a creative idea to use it for a tablecloth too. We have a round wooden dining table, I'll have to keep my eye out for huge circle skirts :)

Thanks so much for the sweet comments you left the other day. As for Sacks, what a bummer that you didn't make it there. I'm not sure about it ever having been in Petaluma. I know that it hasn't always been "on the square" because I can remember it being new, but it has definitely been there for quite a few years now.

I know, I should start photographing their gorgeous window displays more often again :)