Saturday, February 13, 2010

Breck Girls

Remember these? I found a number of examples in my vintage magazines, so I just thought I'd share them with you today.
First up is this little Breck Girl, from 1955 (sorry about the hole in the paper). Isn't she sweet?

A young lady from 1956:

1957:

1962:

1963:

1964:

And here's possibly the most famous Breck girl- the gorgeous Jaclyn Smith, from 1971:

And here she is again, in 1973, this time in a portrait by Ralph William Williams, done in his distinctive Breck Girls style:

And then, here are two shampoo advertisements, both from 1962:

And one final ad for the Creme Rinse alone, from 1970:

I think I used their Creme Rinse years ago. I liked the smell of it. Until I found something I liked even better. More about THAT in a future post.

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

not sure but wasn't cybil shepherd a breck girl too? i always wanted to be a 'breck girl'.

Melony at Whimsy Daisy! said...

Oh my goodness. I remember looking at these ads and lamenting why oh why my hair would not look as beautiful? sigh. These girls were so gorgeous and their hair so perfect.

Susanne said...

I do remember a couple of those ads and using Breck when I was young.