Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Birthday to Lori!! (And Cristina Ferrare, too)

Today is Lori's birthday. Happy Birthday to You!! We had a nice celebratory dinner last Friday night to honor her and two other "birthday boys" in the family. I baked a homemade cake for everyone to share:
And here's the birthday girl (center) flanked by her Gold Country Sisters:


It's also Cristina Ferrare's (60th) birthday today. She is yet another one of the gorgeous models that I loved looking at in the magazines in the 60's and 70's - and I love her still! I was delighted to see her on Oprah's show again last week. I have always enjoyed her on television, and I wish she were on more often! I used to watch a program called "Home and Family", which she co-hosted. Here she is in a picture from Life Magazine, circa 1968:
And here, in a Virginia Slims advertisement. You've come a long way, baby:

And, from 1970, in an ad for Max Factor:

I have always found her personality to be completely delightful. I feel like she could be my friend. Here's hoping we will see more of you, Cristina! You are still just as beautiful as ever.
And happy birthday!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Happy birthday to you, dear sister. I have gotten my computer to work just for your birthday (LOL), for a little while anyway. I hope you have a great day at work and sell lots of yogurt. They should have your favorite flavor for you on your birthday. Wow, we demolished that cake you made Heidi! It was good, and dinner was really fun. I needed to see that photo of me, I am glad I am back at Weight Watchers and started my cardiac rehab! I look like I need it. Oh well, I just thank God I'm still around to need them. Cristina is very pretty, and I'm glad she's still around too. Love T

Lorlore said...

We are glad you are still around also, Tina, and thanks for the birthday wishes! Love you!!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

Spaghetti Factory??? Lucky! Sounds like a lovely birthday celebration. That cake looks pretty tasty.

yosemite faith said...

happiest of birthdays lori! glad the gold country girls gang could get together and celebrate!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Lori! I believe in celebrating your whole birth month so keep celebrating! Looks like you had a wonderful time with your sisters. Twyla