Monday, March 8, 2010

Always With The Thrifting


You KNOW we love thrift store shopping, and if you are getting tired of these posts, well, I'm sorry about that but they're gonna keep coming. Reading other blogs in which they play show and tell with their finds is one of my favorite things to do, so I'm hoping some or most of you out there enjoy seeing ours!
Pictured at top, you see a nice spring green leather wallet I found, along with a sweet cookie cutter, an orange flower pin, and some itty bitty birdies and garden tools.
Pictured below is one of the very best things I discovered - a beautiful tray. The purple floral design is reverse painted on the glass insert. I LOVE it:
I found the red, white and blue flower pin on the bottom, and it goes so perfectly with the one on top, which I had already. They are shown with a nice little blue wooden frame. I ALWAYS pick up nice (cheap) frames!

And I got this well-worn, well-traveled little doll trunk, complete with luggage stickers:
The inside, ready to hang your doll clothes up for safe keeping. Do you see the little leather handle/strap at the top? (The daisy tablecloth is from a thrift shop, too.)

Assorted linens:

My (Old Navy) bag from a thrift store looks pretty good with my pansy-strewn Liz Claiborne cotton shirt (thrifted, too, of course) and the crushable straw hat I bought at the state fair last summer. Yep, ready for spring. Flea Market, anyone?
When my friend Jamie and I approached the door of one of our favorite shops here in town, there was a big black plastic garbage bag sitting out on their "free" bench. I saw a couple of stuffed animals peeking out. And this:
Well, THAT got me interested, so I dug a little further into the corners of the bag and guess what else was hidden in there??? OH, YEAH:
Come to Mama!!! Now, mind you, I DO like the glass beaded spike sprays the best - but that's okay - these plain ones will do very nicely too, thank you very much:

Yes, that's right, found OUTSIDE where they stick their "free" items. I was like "Can we go put them in the car RIGHT NOW, please..."
Yippee!

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love the doll trunk the most, but all your finds are great. I need to start showing my thrift and rummage/garage sale finds one of these days. It's not like I don't have any. I bring home several bags a month, to the dismay of my husband. I think he maybe would rather have a high maintenance wife? Keep up the good work, and I am so glad you and Jamie are looking together. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i love the tray also. what a find with the doll trunk! you have the knack heidi.

Lorlore said...

Love them all!! Great free red and green picks!! Yard/Estate sale season is soon upon us!! More to come!! Fun,fun!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE the glass picks! I found some like that at a yardsale last summer only they were PINK! I kept a few but most went straight to etsy, where they sold nicely. :)

Missa said...

I say keep 'em coming! Those pins are so perfect together.

Hey, thanks for cluing me in as to what kind of breadbox I have, I didn't know. Found it in a thriftstore for $12 a few months ago and kinda fell in love with it. I love the way it brightens up the kitchen :)

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks, everybody - and we will keep 'em coming!

barbara said...

Free? Free? I'm in disbelief!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Heidi, keep these posts coming! I LOVE seeing what you find at thrift stores! Twyla