Thursday, March 18, 2010

Betty Draper Bags


I'm calling these my Betty Draper handbags, because I like to imagine that Mrs. Don Draper of Mad Men fame would have had matching handbags in numerous colors to coordinate with her dresses. You know, when she went to town to do some shopping:
Or to an appointment, or perhaps into the city to meet a gentleman (?!) for "lunch":
Pretty, bright, springtime colors:

The inside of the blue one is the nicest!

After I had already done my post a while back about Breck Girls, I came across this one, below in a magazine. I just looked at her and I thought, "Wow, she sure reminds me of Betty Draper!"
This picture may not be the best example, but I really do think there's a resemblance to January Jones in character:
Don't you think so?
(I can't wait until the next season of Mad Men begins in July!)

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I think she definitely is a Breck girl, and she sure is stylin'! Fun post. Love T

barbara said...

I can't wait, either. I still get a little sad about 8 o'clock on Sunday night when I remember there's no Mad Men on at 10.

yosemite faith said...

yup she looks just like the breck girl.

Vintage Hunter said...

Love that yellow dress!