Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hummingbirds in Kelsey

Good morning.
Gold Country Sis Tina here. I am having problems with my computer and have already lost this post once so I am trying again.
This is a shot of a hummingbird at twilight through my screen door, looking West. They like to wait until almost dark and then start a mad rush for their bedtime snack. I have several videos showing at least thirty of them fighting it out, but you will have to take my word for it right now. ;-)

Since I can't do my entire post with the photos I wanted this morning, I am just going to leave you with a poem I came up with one morning while I watered. I have to do a lot of watering during the hot Gold Country summers.

This morning I just had to laugh
I gave a hummingbird a bath.
She sat on the fence as I sprayed the flowers,
and buzzed my nose and begged for showers.
Her feathers fluffed in the rainbow spray...
Thank you hummingbird, you made my day!

Enjoy your summer day and have a great 4th of July!

5 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Love hummingbirds!

Heidi Ann said...

I LOVE it!!

Jennifer D said...

SOOOOOOO beautiful... I have tears in my eyes! When do you start to get Hummers?

yosemite faith said...

good job!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

Hi Jennifer. They actually come all year 'round, but in the winter it is only a hardy few that stick around. We get down to the teens in temp sometimes at night, so I don't know what they do to stay warm. They start to come back in higher numbers in April.