Friday, March 11, 2011

The Well-Dressed Dessert

You know I'm a total sucker for cool vintage artwork from the 60's and 70's (not to mention quite a few other decades!), so I just had to share some of the pages from this cookbook I found recently. Please let me introduce you to the lovely lady I am naming "Cool Whip Woman"
Ta Da!!
The Well-Dressed Dessert always includes Cool Whip - don't you know?

First up, we have the Mod Flower Cake:
Flower Shower Tarts:

Spiced Brazilian Chocolate:

Kicky Kupkakes (kute!):
Strawberry Tarts:
And finally, I leave you with Mexican Chocolate:

And may your Whip be forever Cool.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am in love with colorful Cool Whip Woman and the Mod Flower Cake looks like it has nasturtiums on it, so I am totally eating it right now. What a cute cookbook. Love it. Love T

Jennifer D said...

Oh boy! I have to get myself one of these cookbooks,not only is the art amazing but my last name is Dessert!Literally.

Sassy Lassies Vintage Life said...

I LOVE the mod look of these pictures. I remember when I was in 6th grade...1970...all of my school papers had titles I created with huge bubble letters and colorful decorations just like in these cool whip ads.

yosemite faith said...

reminds me so much of peter max. great ads!

Unknown said...

Fabulous I love Kicky Kupcakes they would be great in frames, what a fun book you have to love 60's and 70's for there way out colours and designs, have a lovely weekend, dee x

MoonDoggie said...

Superb.
I wish I WAS cool whip woman :D