Monday, April 4, 2011

The House Of The Smiling Sun

From my house to yours: I hope the sun is smiling down upon you today.
Just sharing some images I put together. First up, possibly my favorite card of all time; this is the front of an Easter card Lori gave me around 1970. I think it's the sweetest thing ever:

And a smiling sun here, from a Mary Engelbreit calendar page:

Some bright thank you cards that sold on Etsy:

This is the back cover of the adorable book "The Little House" by Virginia Lee Burton:

Next, an envelope that once held a birthday card from Tina - I colored it in. (Not very well, I might add!)

I found this card image somewhere on the internet:

And here is another illustration by Charlotte Steiner:

This last image is of a cute little sun that I cut out of a magazine or somewhere about 40 years ago. I saved it because I liked it so much. Hmmm... perhaps I saved it just to share it with you here today? Who knows? And with it, a little air freshener that I simply thought was so cute that I didn't want to throw it away, even though it's scent is long gone.
I'm just silly that way.
Happy sunshine!

5 comments:

lorlore said...

Happy Sunshine here too, thank goodness!!!!!!!

★Carol★ said...

It's been SO gloomy here for the last two days, that I really needed all of this sunshine!

Jennifer D said...

Let the Sun shine!

Tina Dawn said...

Thank you for including my trademark smiling sun. Lovely post, and yes, the sun is smiling in Kelsey. Love T

Unknown said...

aaawww what a sweet post. I really like the Smiling sun picture by Mary Engelbreit thats really cute. Have a lovely happy week, dee x