Saturday, June 18, 2011

Two Vera Finds In One Day

It's always nice to find vintage Vera Neumann items - and finding two in the same day is especially nice! At the Waste Management store, I happened to look through a little pamphlet from a store called "The Little Daisy" in Oakland, California. It appears to be from the 1970's or so, if I had to try and guess. It was a sales promotion booklet that was sent in the mail - the kind of thing most people threw away - and the type of thing a lot of people wouldn't even give a second glance. Not me. Inside, I found this advertisement:
And the same day, I found a nice Vera scarf for 49 cents at a thrift store. It's one of the nicer ones I've found:

I ALWAYS have my eye out for Vera!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very nice find! I love Vera too. Especially her nasturtium things, but others too. Your new scarf is quite different, I like it. Love T

yosemite faith said...

such a lucky girl!

Jill said...

Great finds! Was that the waste management store in Sonora/Standard? I was just there today! Didn't find anything I just had to have. (You must have taken all the good stuff! Ha ha!)

I also made it over to your booth today! I purchased that Cath Kidston book-- love it!! (I also love that black dog that hangs out at the shop- sooooo sweet!!)

Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Jill

Jennifer D said...

I love that scarf! Lucky Duck you