Thursday, October 6, 2011

Out Of The Closet


Once again, I dug into a box up on the top shelf of a closet here in our old family home, and found remnants of Halloweens long since past. Like, from the 50's past. I had gotten into that box before - but I looked at the stuff and thought "Oh, cool!" and put it back. This time I got it out and took pictures of it instead. I shared some vintage Halloween photos of my husband, his older brother, and some neighborhood friends back in this post from 2008 and this post from last year.
(You can see them wearing some of these headdresses, and costumes if you click to go back and view those old photos.)
I love old costume stuff, and I am totally digging the feathers:

And I found this little handmade fringed costume:

I found the missing feather from the one below after I took these photos:
I like the little scene on this band, it is made of a soft cotton like felt or something (sorry it's blurry!):

But check out the one below!!
Is it gorgeous or what? It's larger than the other three, and I think perhaps it was worn by an adult, rather than a child. The feathers are such a pretty color:
And I found one more thing - the little "hobo" costume below, made from an old cut-off, patched pair of jeans and a ratty old man's vest:

A little costume blast from the past.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great post! What wonderful finds. I love all of them. I wish I were still little so I could wear them. Love T

yosemite faith said...

loved this - the costumes my mom packed away were nasty when i found them. i almost kept the woody woodpecker mask put just couldn't imagine ever putting it next to my face. great find - glad you shared.

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Amazing headresses & more amazing is what great shape they're in.