Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vintage Christmas Stocking Patterns, Revisited

I wrote about vintage felt Christmas stockings in a post back in December of 2008. I mentioned then that there were a couple of patterns I wanted. I already had McCalls 1830, which dates from 1953:

And I was so happy to find this one very recently, Simplicity 1803, which is from 1956. I just received it in the mail the other day:

McCalls 2271, dating from 1957, is one that I had already:

And Lori gave me this one for my birthday! McCalls 2177, from 1958:

So, um - I'll keep you posted on whether or not I actually manage to make any of them!
(I wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you.)
But, we'll see.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am so glad you found so many patterns. They are all great. Love T

lorlore said...

I LOVE the second one with the little girls on it!!! May borrow it one day!!

Into Vintage said...

Such a great collection! I hope you make some if only because (selfishly!) I'd like to see them :-)

Barbara said...

I've never seen any of these - they are GREAT! I love that tablecloth with the Merry Christmas script, but really, I love every single thing!

Anonymous said...

My aunt made stockings using the pattern with the argyle sock, women's lace boot, boy's cowboy boot and the regular stocking for my dad, mom, five brothers and me when I was a child. Most of my family have passed but I still hold onto them as they are my treasures. I LOVE that pattern. Such fond memories...thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Wow I am posting this years after your original post. I am writing to see if you still have the McCall 1830 pattern and if so to beg for a copy.
When I was a small girl my grandma made me one with my name on it. 2 years ago I lost everything I owned. This is one thing I have really missed during the holidays. I no longer have any family to share my holidays with.
I would really love to be able to make one for replace it.
Thank you
Joy P