Sunday, September 30, 2012

More Recent Finds

I love pretty vintage tins; they're both useful and good-looking, and I picked up this butter dish and trivet, also:
I found not one, but TWO of these Tri-Chem craft tins!
A talented gal named Jan made this ceramic owl wind chime - isn't it great?
I also found a pretty floral hooked rug - I'm guessing this is vintage - from the 70's, maybe. Most likely, it was made from one of the kits:
The colors are prettier than they look in my pictures:
More aluminum tumblers for my collection, and a cute card:
This will look nice on a Thanksgiving table:
This purple runner, below was hanging with the costumes in one of our local shops. It's 11&1/2 feet long and 2 feet wide. I think it's better suited for household use rather than as a costume. (?) I plan to use it on a table, and I even found some woven placemats that look very nice against it:
"Construct-O-Straws" - I had never heard of this game before:
And one more little find....
...that I thought would look better filled up, so the next time I went to Dollar Tree, I got what I needed:
A suitcase full of Smarties - perfect. I'll travel with them any old time.

5 comments:

Lorlore said...

All great, as usual!!!! I especially love the Bird Tin and the Owl windchime!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Diane said...

Love that bird tin! Unusual-- to me anyway!

Penny-Rose said...

Great finds. The craft tins are my favourites.

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

You're such a good shopper Heidi Ann!

Zootsuitmama said...

Cool finds!! Especially love the owl mobile/chimes!