Saturday, January 19, 2013

$3.50 Out The Door

A recent visit to the thrift store near where I work resulted in my having spent a mere three dollars and fifty cents and walking (or maybe skipping, happily) out the door with all of these items, below. First of all, I found a gorgeous vintage bed jacket or evening jacket - honestly, it seems a bit TOO elegant to have been meant for a bed jacket, but who knows? Satin, with a pretty tie at the neck:
And such pretty quilted detailing!
With a label from a Portland store- I LOVE Portland, in case you don't remember!
I found three fabulous pieces of antique sheet music. We'll start with "Do What Your Mother Did - I'll Do The Same As Your Dad":
"Patria" - will be a great addition to Fourth Of July decorations; I can probably find a frame for it. Irene Castle, for crying out loud! Totally cool!
And one more, "Way Down On Tampa Bay":
But I also got all of these music books. One was missing the cover, but it's all Disney songs, so I wanted it anyway - wish I knew what the cover had been like!
I found a very nice cotton shirt set - plaid with a separate coordinating tank to go underneath, or wear alone:
A great pillar candle holder for my collection; I didn't have one like this - it has an elegant look:
I had a credit for $5 off with my fully stamped loyalty card, which is why my grand total was so low. I was a happy shopper when I left!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Great deals! Love the sheet music images!

Tina Dawn said...

How in the world did you manage to skip loaded down with all that? LOL. Great haul. Love T

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love that bed jacket! I would totally wear that with jeans!

Vintage Coconut said...

I know a few people that would wear that gorgeous bed jacket out and about over a cute tank top or t shirt. It is just gorgeous!
Very lovely purchases.

farmlady said...

You should be a happy camper. You did good for the money.
Love the sheet music. You have some good ones there.

Anonymous said...

Good hunting/shopping Heidi. You need regular guest spots on a TV show. Yes, farmlady. Love the sheet music too.

Mick said...

Wowee what a haul on the sheet music! Sound of Music, Oklahoma and Show boat!