Sunday, February 3, 2013

Ladybug Suit

How cute is this plaid suit?
I found it in this Ladybug advertisement from 1968:
I have had this fabric, below for a while (thrift store find, of course). Wouldn't it be perfect made into a suit like that one? Not for ME - just in general?
Well, I think it would. Here are some patterns from the same era to choose from. Not the very same exact suit style, but similar, at least. Shorten the skirt a little, if you want. We have McCall's 9566:
Or perhaps McCall's 7621:
Let me know what you decide. My vintage fashion imagination wants to know.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I like the ladybug suit the best. The collar is higher and the skirt is more shapely somehow. Great fabric for it. Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

Tina said it best ^

Unknown said...

I like the ladybug suit too - seems made for just that kind of fabric.

SusieQT said...

Cute! I have a nearly identical suit (deadstock) in my Etsy shop right now: https://www.etsy.com/listing/82099662/sale-amazing-deadstock-jackie-kennedy

I bought it hoping it would fit me, but it didn't. :)

yosemite faith said...

i agree with tina also