Thursday, March 28, 2013

Calico Critters Puss In Boots


I have to say, I simply kind of fell in love with these cute kitties after having seen a couple of them in a local thrift store.  Much to my chagrin, they were not for sale. The dreaded "For Display Only" thing - you know.  I snapped a photo (not a very good one) of them.  They are not in the best condition, but had they been for sale at the right price, I'd have bought them anyway.
Here they are, below:
Calico Critters Puss In Boots, to keep your boots upright when stored . Cutest. Idea. Ever. I only WISH that I could re-create them!
 I was on a quest to find one that I could make my own, and I'm happy to report that I am now the owner of this adorable  red calico one seen below:


They were also made in green - I found some photos online:


What a cute and useful Calico Critter he is!


Made in the 1980's:

Here's another photo of a beautiful yellow one:

The tag on my red "Calico Critter" is seen below , which is no longer "scented", unfortunately. Nothing lasts forever.
 The original price from Lord & Taylor was $12.00.


Here he is holding my boots upright:





I mean, come on....how could I resist this face?
A calico kitty cat, both pretty and practical.

5 comments:

Penny-Rose said...

Oh these are so cute! I love cat things. I wonder whats inside them to keep them stiff - I was thinking maybe a wire coat hanger bent in half with the top cut off? Maybe?? The original tags are great design too.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oh my golly, those are the cutest things! (Doesn't that drive you crazy when you see something you want and it isn't for sale? They shouldn't haveput it out there, then.)

Tina Dawn said...

Very cute. I love calico made into pretty much anything. What a great idea! Your boots look very relieved. LOL. I don't see why they couldn't be made fairly easily. You could measure and trace around them and I think Penny-Rose has a good idea with the wire coat hanger thing. My Uggs are jealous. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i have the yellow ones - have had them for eons. the red and the green are adorable.

jelly andrews said...

I agree! They are indeed both pretty and practical. Oh! I really love this Calico Critters Puss in Boots. They are really so cute especially the red one.