Friday, May 17, 2013

Verner Panton Fabric

My friend Jamie and I were out shopping a couple of weeks ago. She spied this fabric panel first, and we both checked it out. When she decided not to get it and put it back, I picked it up and took a closer look. I loved the bold print and bright colors, and I was fairly certain it was vintage, from the 60's or 70's:
A very cool design:
The designer's name sounded familiar, but I really didn't know anything about it.
Only that I wanted it.
When I got home and did a bit of research, I found that similar panels have been stretched over canvas, making a lovely work of art for your wall.
And, apparently, they can sometimes command quite a high price on eBay!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great find. Did your research say if it was from the 60s? Love T

Mr. Modtomic said...

Oh Snap! That is such a cool score. I'd love to have a panel of that for the Modtomic pad. Yeah, Verner Panton designed some super swanky furnishing too. I've got a set of 4 original fiberglass "S" chairs awaiting restoration.