Thursday, June 13, 2013

Clean Eating

Sis Lori here: 
Okay, so my son and his beautiful fiance will be married in less than 3 weeks. I had to go out shopping for something to wear. A while back, I thought maybe I would have lost some weight by now, but no.....
So, I found a dress; it will be okay. 
My daughter has lost 11 lbs. recently by "Clean Eating",  which means barely any processed foods or fast food. 
 I don't eat out too much; I'll have a Subway sandwich once in a while - and I probably don't have a great diet. 
Mostly it is the prep. I am lazy, and I tend to make something easy or grab something quick. 
The "Clean Eating'" way is out there on Pinterest and Instagram. 
Soooooo, today I shopped and came home and did some prep.
 Here is what I have so far:
Chicken grilled on the George Foreman and steamed squash
I still have more chicken and some broccoli and Brussels sprouts to cook:

 I have lots of veggies to munch, carrots and celery, bell peppers, cauliflower:
I have baggies of red grapes, lemon and lime infused water to drink and some salad stuff:

 And I also have romaine and green leaf lettuce for salads and those Brussels sprouts and some broccoli to steam:
A few snacks:  greek yogurt, hard boiled eggs and these almonds are spicy and yummy!!!!

Have you seen these bowls from Weight Watchers for salads?? They have an ice ring in lid, a place for the dressing, and toppings. They're pretty neat - I have two - I will make the salads later.


So, I will start this and try to do prep every 5 or so days and see what I can do. Also need to work on the exercising part, uggh!! May try for a workout in my friends pool at least twice a week and start a walking program with a friend.
Wish me luck?
 Maybe by Christmas??
Who knows.
Of course, it doesn't help that I work at a frozen yogurt store 5 days a week, and we get a freebie every day, I am sooo addicted!
 Oh well.
All I can do is try.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

You can do it, and looks like you are off to a good start! If you need help I will eat the wasabi almonds for you. Love T

joshinabox said...

Looks like my kinda food! Love squash and fresh vegis!

Unknown said...

Good for you! I need to exercise too, and also eat more veggies.

The Brittons said...

Lori!
Looks great, your neighborhood dietitian approves! Keep it up!

yosemite faith said...

great start!

spirit of the wind said...

Hi Lorlor,

Lots to lose for me, too, one day at a time. But I hang onto your determination. I know it has to become a way of life... not just a quick fix to get rid of the weight. But the weather in Gold Country is a big plus, even if it means getting up while it is cool out to get the exercise.

(yawn.... me too)

Gold Country Expat