Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My Version Of Christmas In July

My version is this: "thrifted" Christmas finds from the first half of the year.  I do, of course, find vintage Christmas year-round. And yes, storage IS a problem. But I could not resist this gorgeous felt and sequin creation shown below.
 I love that it's so colorful, with some rather non-traditional Christmas colors.
Can you even imagine the amount of time that went into this?

Next we have a sweet little December angel. Some of her poinsettias are chipped, but I don't mind:
New in the package, a vintage vinyl Christmas tablecloth, complete with fringe:
Vintage Christmas lights in those fabulous colors I like so much. The ones that kind of look aqua in the picture are actually more of a jadeite green sort of a color:
This little box of candles from Germany has the cutest graphics:
A vintage Santa towel that says Happy New Year on one side and Merry Christmas on the other, and also a very nice, large Christmas tablecloth:
I really like this sweet, brightly colored fabric in the next photo. My faves are the little houses and birds:
And, finally my last find to show you today is a lovely little tree. This was most likely made in a ceramics class years ago, and  is sized just right to hold party-cake candles on every "branch".
I love it:

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love your little tree too, what a cute idea! Stephen could use that on his birthday cake. Also love the felt and sequin town. Love T

farmlady said...

Oh my gosh! I think I feel a little cooler because of this post.
Christmas... winter... cold weather... beautiful decorations...
Will it ever come again?