Thursday, July 4, 2013

Stars And Stripes Forever


I am so disappointed that the Boston Pops 4th Of July Spectacular will not be televised nationally this year!
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAnky-QJwII
(Click above to hear it on YouTube. I couldn't get it to link any other way - guess I don't know what I'm doing!)
I have watched it for so many years, and I have so thoroughly enjoyed it each and every time.
It won't quite be the same for me - but at least I have YouTube, and I can enjoy the music whenever I choose. This version is conducted by John Williams. I didn't find one today with Keith Lockhart, but I like them all, so this will do nicely for today.
I simply defy you to listen to this great tune and not want to march and dance around! Call me quirky and crazy, but that's what I do! Better yet, if you have a flag - or flags to wave while you do so.
So - long may she wave!
And it's the Stars and Stripes forever for me ( but just not on television.....)
Happy 4th of July, everybody!
Now, crank up that sound, and get dancin'!

2 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hope you had a wonderful 4th! Twyla

Tina Dawn said...

Sorry, it was too hot to dance, but I did watch the little tiny fireworks far away in Auburn from our upstairs and while they were going on I could hear the booms from the Placerville show which was going on behind the ridge. So at about 10 last night we got into the spirit. Love T