Saturday, December 7, 2013

Nutcracker - Sweet!

I spotted this wonderful nutcracker at a thrift store, and I thought he looked like a pretty nice one.
A closer inspection revealed that, yes, indeed, he is.
In very good condition:
Made in Germany, not in China or Taiwan or someplace else.
Hello, Mr Soldier Nutcracker with your bright pretty colors and your little sword still intact!
 I like him. I like that he is orange and blue, rather than another, perhaps more traditional color combination.
While I'm on the subject - I also found this VHS of Mikhail Baryshnikov in The American Ballet Theatre's production of "The Nutcracker" in a thrift store and I realized I did not have a copy, so I picked it up, too.
It had never even been opened.
 Even if I don't have time to sit and watch it, I can put it in and crank up the volume, and listen to the fabulous Tchaikovsky music, which I LOVE.
Works for me!

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

Great nutcracker finds! Our neighbors in Diamond Springs, Dot and Ello, collected nutcrackers and I am sure they would think yours is a treasure. Love T