Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scouting For Finds

A plastic bag full of stuff caught my eye recently at one of my local thrifts. Inside was a vintage "Cadette"Girl Scout Handbook, so I picked it up to check it out. The plastic bag was stapled shut, so you couldn't view all of the contents.
I like the cute illustrations inside the book, dated 1973:
I was a Brownie  and a Girl Scout, and I  still wish there was a picture of me in one of my uniforms!  
By 1973, though, I was no longer a Girl Scout - we were still 4-H members at that time, though.
I saved so many things, I can't imagine why I don't have my sash or anything. I still wonder what in the heck happened to some of that stuff! I might have a couple of pins somewhere, but I think that's it.
I was very pleased once I saw what all was included in the bag, after getting it home.
Unused badges:
Quite a few of them (more than you see pictured here!):
And patches:
All together,  there are at least 65 of them.
 I don't know a lot about them, but I was happy I decided to buy the bag!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, what a scout treasure trove! I was a brownie when you were a very little tyke, and Mother was the leader. I have no pictures of that either. I love the first badges with the flowers and birds. Great find as usual. Love T

Tami Von Zalez said...

What a delightful post! I especially like the pancake breakfast badge. I was a bluebird and so enjoyed it. There were no volunteer mothers to continue further in girl scouts. I so enjoyed the short time I was in that group.