Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Summit School/Gold Oak Union School 1956 1957 1958: Some school photos

Good morning. This is Tina, and I am sharing two old school photo groups from Summit School in Placerville. A friend who is a few years older than me shared them on Facebook. I was a first grade student at Summit from late fall 1957 to June 1958 when the school closed down. Fall of 1958 they opened Gold Oak School on Pleasant Valley Road with a grand total of four rooms! My class was a combination first and second grade, and I had the same teacher that I had at Summit, Mrs. Ingraham. I never got a school photo from Summit, so I am sharing these from Dave, a neighbor who was about four or five years older than I am. His sister Linda was a year older than me, and we played Barbies together. She had all the good clothes! Like the wedding dress.


Friends above include Linda, Betty, Roy, Dave, Chris, and Shirley.

Below is the third and fourth grade class. I was in the first and second grade class the same year, but missed picture day and ordering because I started late that year. Friends I know below are Rae Ann, Laura, Cheryl, and my third grade teacher Mrs. Hamilton.


I just love old school pictures! I hope you enjoy them too.

2 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

I DID enjoy them, very much. Wish we knew more of their names, though. I love old class pictures,too!

Unknown said...

Tina: After I looked at these a little longer, I see in the first photo a Posten boy. He is in the first row, third from left. I can't remember his first name tho. Sorry.
In the second photo, is his brother Gerald Posten, located in the second row, with glasses. Gerald graduated with me in 1966, and was killed in Vietnam.