Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Snow White and Rose Red: Cherokee Rose and Altissimo Rose

Good morning. Tina here with a quick post. 

Spring has brought some of the early roses to bloom, and below I am sharing a photo of my beautiful climbers on the south side of our deck.

The white rose is my biggest Cherokee Rose, which continues to try to take over the south side of the house in spite of hubby's attempts to cut it back. Who will win? My bet is on the Cherokee.


On the right is our beautiful red Altissimo Rose, the bush was planted over the grave of my beloved cat Lotus, who died at the age of 16 in 2000, only a year after we moved to Kelsey.

The two roses do not usually bloom at the same time, but it was a strange winter, and they both came together this spring to delight us with their similarity and differences.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, those are SO pretty; what a lovely contrast!