Sunday, May 17, 2015

Chez Panisse

I have always wanted to dine at Chez Panisse in Berkeley, but I've never had the pleasure.
From the very first time I ever read about Alice Waters, (most likely back in the 70's, in Bon Appetit magazine) I was intrigued.
So, when I came across this copy of "Fanny At Chez Panisse" at a thrift store, 
I was happy to bring it home and add it to my cookbook collection:
With delightful illustrations by Ann Arnold:
It's such a lovely book!
And then, just about a week later, I came across these note cards below.
They feature the gorgeous artwork of Patricia Curtan:
These illustrations were done for menu covers at Chez Panisse;
aren't they wonderful?
Lovely, lucky finds.
It's awfully nice when that happens.
And, perhaps I WILL make it to the restaurant - one of these days.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I'll go with you! Looks like a darling book. Love the cards, but now I want to eat an avocado. Right now! Love T