Saturday, June 20, 2015

More Ladybug Fashions - A (Mostly) Black And White Post

Today I have some more vintage advertisements for Ladybug fashions from 1965 and 1967, found in my Seventeen Magazines.
These ads in black and white feature illustrations of the clothing. The first three I'm sharing today took up half the page (and the Seventeens were big magazines!), and they had two segments, so you are seeing both the top and then the bottom portion.
The Ladybug Blues, two dresses in blue cotton chambray:
The Jaunty Look - these two dresses with big collars sound nice for summertime:
Go swimming "demurely" in a blue gingham suit....
...with a matching cover-up:
An assortment of Ladybug fashions:
You can see them all in this shot of a two-page spread:
More of that Ladybug artwork I love:
Be kind to your hair:
I wish these ads were all in color, like the great ones I shared back in this post, but I like it all anyway, and I hope you enjoyed seeing it, too.
And now for the only spot of color in this post, here's a photo of a vintage Ladybug label that I found online:
Cute and colorful!
I am sure I can find additional vintage Ladybug advertisements in color, so stay tuned for more in a future post!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love those swimsuits and cover-ups. Love T

Diane said...

I love that art work too!

Anonymous said...

My older sister loved Ladybug brand. I think that they were either no longer in business or lost popularity by the time I had grown enough to wear them. I remember the little bug stick pins that came with every purchase.