Friday, July 10, 2015

A "Gingerbread House"

Sister Lori here: I have been pretty absent of late, took on a new job a year and a half ago, 2 hours away, and have been moving out of my current place to put on the real estate market, so have been busy, busy!!!!!
As you pack up items you have accumulated over a 40 year period you come across many things!!!
I have been a crafter for many years, probably starting with 4-H and sewing in the 60's.
This Kleenex box gingerbread house was probably made in the mid-1970's when I was in my mid-20's.
I made 3 of them, for my 2 sisters and our Mom.
When Mother passed I was happy to inherit hers!
 
I am sure I have the pattern somewhere, but those are in storage for now.
On the front of the house, a bluebird is there to greet you at the door and sing a merry tune.

                Both of the sides are the same, window box with flowers and flowers in the border.

                                            And a back window to look at your lovely yard.
 It fits over the Kleenex "Boutique" tissue boxes (like the ones Heidi just wrote about yesterday).
 It is happily in use at my house - thanks, Mom!                                                      

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Nice to see a post from you. My house is around here somewhere, I will have to dig it out. It fits on the un-Kleenex small boxes too! You have made us some very nice things over the years for presents. Love T

Sunnyana said...

I love anything gingerbread. I especially like this because it isn't Christmasy. The little appliqués are my favorite things about it. Very cute!