Sunday, October 11, 2015

The Latest Thrift Finds: A Miscellaneous Lot

I'll start out with the very best find in this miscellaneous jumble I'm sharing today - this fantastic Gemini Zodiac print by Margot Johnson from 1968, below.
I LOVE it:
The next photo is a pair of lovely vintage hand-painted plates, made in Japan.
Now, don't those yellow roses look just like Mary Engelbreit flowers to you?
SO pretty:
I found this California Perfume company (Avon) talcum powder tin with it's original box:
This set of vintage orange enamelware plates was an absolute steal, and the perfect colors for Halloween-Time:
I also found a nice packet of vintage Jacob Zook Hex sign cards with envelopes - colorful and cool:
A great vintage roll of wallpaper with gingham (!) flowers in orange and yellow:
A neat little vintage vase with long-stemmed flowers:
I bought a whole bag full of Swistraw at a flea market - always nice to find that!
And last of all for today is a tooled leather belt.
Thrift stores around here usually price these at up to ten times higher than their "regular" belts - but not this one!
Guess it was my lucky day.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I used to love Avon's Trailing Arbutus. I also love the Mighty Oak card. I remember some of these things from our trip, while I waited and wrote my magnetic poetry. Good job. Love T

Anonymous said...

Wow what a great haul. The Gemini art work is indeed awesome. Love it. The wall paper and vase with the flowers printed on it, I would have definitely swooped up too. Finally the tooled belt, I love tooled leather particular bags (I have quite a collection) and I'm always trying to find belts.

Diane said...

Wow! All great finds!

Rosie said...

Lovely, colorful finds! Love, rosie

Sunnyana said...

Some really great finds! I really like the hand painted plates and the Avon tin and box. Also, good to see all that Swistraw. I still have quite a bit left from projects in the 70's.